Hotel Scandic Park Helsinki
Presidency negotiated room rates have been negotiated with Scandic Park Hotel. To get more details and to book, please refer to the Practical Information Note sent to you along with your invitation.
Transportation to and from venue:
The public transportation will take less than an hour to arrive/depart to/from venue.
- Trains to and from Helsinki Airport are serviced by P and I trains.
- The Helsinki Main Railway Station, where airport trains arrive and depart, is a 10-minute tram ride away from the venue (trams 4 and 10).
- Walking (20mins) or taking a Helsinki city bike (7mins) from the railway station through the picturesque Hesperianpuisto is also recommended.
Taxi will take you to/from the airport in about 30 minutes.
Please note that attendance at the event is by invitation only. All invited conference attendees must complete their registration by 18 November in order to be able to take part in the conference
Information on Helsinki sites and attractions
- Suomenlinna fortress
- After serving as a fortress during the war times, this cultural treasure is now a World Heritage Site
- Easy access with a ferry ride from the Market Square. The ferry operates daily, multiple times in an hour all year round
- Temppeliaukio church
- This church in central Helsinki is built inside of a rock and is one the most popular sights in Finland due to its unique acoustics. It is 50 years old this year.
- Open every day
- Amos Rex museum
- This museum in the heart of the city opened in summer 2018, and gained vast popularity since its first exhibition
- Closed on Tuesdays 4. Töölö bay area • Just behind the Finlandia hall, you can find the leafy
- Töölö bay area
- Enjoy the views from Oodi library terrace, rent a boat from the shore line for a row around the bay or enjoy refreshments in one of the many different cafés along the bay
- Oodi Central Library
- Opened in late 2018, this library is a venue for events, a house of reading and a diverse urban experience and a public space open to all. The architecture of the building is a striking combination of glass, steel structures and wooden facade, with a mix of traditional and contemporary flavours
- Open every day
- Sauna & Swim
- Löyly: enjoy the heat in an original smoke sauna and take a refreshing dip in the sea afterwards. The public sauna and restaurant are open every day.
- Allas Sea Pool: after trying the fresh sea water pool, you can also enjoy the warmth of a heated pool before the steam in the sauna. The pools, sauna and terrace cafe open every day, restaurant closed on Sundays..
- Finnish culinarism
- Enjoy traditional Finnish cuisine for example in restaurant Savotta and enjoy the view to the Senate square and the Helsinki Cathedral
- For more contemporary selection, spend the evening in the Kanavanranta area. While there, pay also a visit to the nearby Uspenski orthodox cathedral (closed on Mondays)